As your Heaven on Earth esthetician, I'm always looking for ways to help you achieve the best skin possible. One of my more unique but actually practical recommendations is to use FilterBaby. This is a skincare water filtration that purifies water when washing your face.
Here's why: Tap water can contain harsh chemicals, such as chlorine and minerals, that can remove your skin's natural oils and irritate your skin barrier. This can lead to dryness, redness, and breakouts.
Do you drink bottled water?
If you do, it isn't much of a stretch to take it one step further and use filtered water to wash your face. Filterbaby uses a filtration system to remove impurities from tap water, leaving your skin feeling soft, hydrated, and protected. Tap water can contain contaminants such as chlorine, fluoride, and heavy metals that can irritate the skin and interfere with the absorption of skincare products. Filtered water, on the other hand, is free of these impurities, making it much gentler and more effective to use when cleansing the face.
Benefits of using a water filter:
- Reduced irritation eases irritation caused by chlorine and other impurities in tap water - you may not even know it's a problem yet.
- Improved skin barrier strengthens the skin barrier by removing impurities that can damage it. This can give you healthier, more radiant skin.
- Increased absorption of skincare products When you use filtered water to wash your face, your skincare products can be absorbed more effectively. This means you're getting the most out of your products and seeing better results.
Reduced signs of premature aging reduce these signs by removing impurities. The water stains visible on your counter and faucet are no friend to your skin.
What makes this water filter so special?
- A three-part filtration system to remove hard water metals, chemicals, bacteria, microplastics, rust, algae, and more.
- Removes up to 99% chlorine, bromodichloromethane, chloroform, totalTHMs, and heavy metals such as copper, zinc, and iron.
- Softens water by attaching to excess hard minerals like Mg2+ and Ca2+.
- Captures rusts, bacteria, algae, fungi, microplastics, and many other contaminants as small as 0.2 microns.
What to look for when choosing a water filter for skincare:
- Ensure the filter is certified to remove chlorine, mud, rust, hard water, and microplastics that irritate the skin.
- Consider a filter that is specifically designed for skincare. These filters are especially effective at removing impurities that can interfere with the absorption of skincare products.
- Change the filter every 3 months to ensure the best possible filtration.
Ready to get your skincare water filter now?
Filterbaby is my skincare water filtration of choice because it's simple to use, effective, and affordable. If you're looking for a way to improve your skin health, try Filterbaby. Don’t wait - Get your Pila’s skincare water filter today from Heaven on Earth at 205 S. Mill St. You can also order it online – you’ll be happy you did.